Pigmentation refers to the actual coloring of our skin due to the amount of melanin in our body. It can be too light or too dark, which affects the color of our skin. When an excessive deposition of melanin in our body occurs, it produces hyperpigmentation. Examples of hyperpigmentation are dark spots, sunspots, age spots, liver spots and melasma. Hyperpigmentation can affect the face, arms and hands.
What are the causes of hyperpigmentation?
The most common causes of hyperpigmentation are sun exposure, hormonal changes such as pregnancy, acne or a genetic predisposition to hyperpigmentation issues.
What are the treatments?
At Georgetown Allure, we feel a combination of treatments, rather than just a single treatment, is needed to combat hyperpigmentation. This is why we created customized treatment packages to target every skin problem facing our patients. The Skin Blend Package is the answer to hyper-pigmented skin.
SKIN BLEND Package is a one-year plan consisting of 12 treatment sessions followed on a set schedule and under the supervision of your skin care specialists. The package consists of the following combination of treatments:
- Melaglow Facial treatment: Spread out and alternating with the rest of the package treatments, our Melaglow facial ensures the skin is prepped properly to receive the rest of the treatments.
- Microneedling: When performed to reduce hyperpigmentation, microneedling is best applied using the finer gauge needles of the device and at a limited, more superficial penetration depth.
- Chemical Peels: Always a safe bet on results, multiple sessions of different strength chemical peels, glycolic acid and others to help exfoliating the upper layers of the skin.
- Laser Blending: Laser treatment alternating with the rest of the treatments and using a variety of skin resurfacing lasers targeting hyperpigmentation are an integral part of this package.
- Topical products: In conjunction with the treatments in the Skin Blend package, following a home regimen with concentration on skin blending is crucial to maximize the effectiveness of the sessions. Georgetown Allure’s wide range of products – both organic and medical-grade – containing skin-blending and lightening ingredients such as retinoids, kojic acid and arbutin and enriched with amino acids and Vitamin C, are part and parcel of Georgetown Alllure’s Skin Blend package. A home regimen that goes along with the treatments fortifies the effects of all above treatments and complete the solution to tackle all skin problems.