Clear + Brilliant® Laser
Clear + Brilliant® is a gentle, non-ablative, fractional laser device that can be used to enhance most skin types. Unlike more significant types of laser resurfacing, Clear + Brilliant® was designed to add subtle, overall improvement to the skin rather than treat deeper aesthetic concerns. It’s quite effective at evening out irregular tone, brightening the complexion, shrinking pores, and adding a noticeable radiance that looks great on everybody. Clear + Brilliant® may be appropriate for you if you agree with any of the following statements:
- I’m interested in taking preventive measures to stay ahead of the ageing process.
- I’m satisfied with the way my skin looks today and wish to maintain its condition for as long as possible.
- I already take good care of my skin, but I want to give my at-home routine a boost.
- I’m not interested in undergoing surgery or deeper resurfacing treatments that may require downtime.
Clear + Brilliant® works by creating a pattern of very small, invisible treatment zones on your skin. Your skin responds by going into “healing mode,” creating an excess of its own collagen. The result is softer, smoother, more even-toned skin that looks and feels incredibly healthy.
Are the treatments safe?
Yes. Because Clear + Brilliant® is a non-ablative laser, it’s quite safe for nearly all skin types. The technology has also been cleared by the FDA, which means it’s been determined to be safe and effective when administered as directed.
What areas can I treat?
At this time, Clear + Brilliant® is indicated to even the tone and texture and improve the condition of the skin on the face. If you’re concerned with the condition of your skin on other areas of your body, such as your chest or hands, our aesthetic professionals can help you choose the perfect treatment to give you the results you want.
What is the treatment like?
Clear + Brilliant® is a comfortable, brief procedure that’s performed right here in our office. Your practitioner begins by applying a topical numbing cream to enhance your comfort. We then apply an eye shield to protect your eyes during the treatment. We calibrate the device based on your unique skin type. We then gently glide the handpiece over your skin, uniformly applying laser energy. In total, the treatment takes about 30 minutes.
What should I expect after treatment?
Immediately after your treatment, your skin may appear red and feel tender, like you have a mild sunburn. This sensation may persist for a couple of days. It’s also common to experience some initial roughness and flaking as the skin begins it regenerative process. These effects are common and typically resolve themselves by about day 5. Although you can return to your usual activities immediately after your treatment is over, it’s important to be vigilant about sun protection. Like other resurfacing treatments, Clear + Brilliant® makes your skin more sensitive to the sun’s rays.
After 1 week, you should notice that your skin has a significantly smoother texture and attractive, subtle radiance.
When do results appear, and how long do they last?
Results typically take between 5 days and 1 week to develop fully. This is because it takes some time for skin to heal completely after treatment.
Most patients require a series of several treatments, spaced a few weeks apart, to achieve their aesthetic goals. Others opt to visit us regularly as a routine part of their normal skincare routines or even combine Clear + Brilliant® with treatments such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP), microdermabrasion or chemical peels. At your first appointment, our aesthetic professionals work closely with you to help you develop a treatment plan that aligns with your goals, skin type, lifestyle, and budget.
What to expect after treatment
Clear and Brilliant Laser Treatment produces very mild effects. The intensity and duration of your after-care effects depend on your individual healing characteristics.
Notify your skincare professional immediately if the severity of your after effects becomes a problem for you or you have any concerns or questions, however, this is very unlikely to occur.
What you may feel and look like after Clear and Brilliant treatment?
Immediately after the treatment, you will experience some redness and swelling. Most of this will be gone 4-6 hours after the treatment, but you may still notice mild pinkness to the skin the next day which can be covered with makeup. To minimize swelling do the following:
- Apply cold compresses (crushed ice or frozen peas in a Ziploc bag or soaked clothes) to the treatment area for 10-20 minutes for every hour on the day of the treatment, until you go to bed. The ice/pea Ziploc bags may be put in a pillow case and then on the skin if it is too cold.
- Heat sensation can be intense for the following 2-3 hours after the procedure but will subside within hours.
- You may also notice that your skin appears bronzed or little dark dots will appear on the treated area. Your skin may feel dry, peel or flake. You may notice a “sandpaper” texture a few days after treatment. This is the treated tissue working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated.
- You can apply makeup once the bulk of the redness resolves, usually later that day of treatment