Dysport® is an injection used to temporarily improve the look of your moderate to severe frown lines without changing the look of your whole face. The untreated facial muscles still work normally, allowing you to
freely show facial expressions, such as smiling, in untreated areas.Dysport® is a formulation that has been shown to deliver temporary improvement in moderate to severe frown lines, even with repeat treatments. So, the effect of repeat treatment with Dysport® may be comparable to your first use.
Where can it be used?
- Eliminating wrinkles and lines caused by movement
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Creating wider-looking eyes *
- Fixing scars *
- Reducing pore size *
- Lifting the top of the nose *
- Lessening a gummy smile *
- Treating migraines and TMJ *
- Eliminating neck bands and cleavage wrinkles
How long does it last?
On average Dysport can last up 3 to 4 months. In some cases, it can last up to 6 months.
With each treatment, an initial consultation will be performed to make sure you are a candidate for this procedure. An individualized treatment plan will be created for you to achieve optimum results.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Remain upright for 4 hours after injection, keeping your head above your heart.
- Exaggerate facial expressions in treated areas for 1 hour after injection.
- Tiny bumps and marks at the injection sites usually disappear within a few hours.
- With any injection procedure bruising is possible; if it occurs apply ice to the area for 20 minutes. You may also use an OTC topical Arnica product.
- Headaches can occur after Dysport treatments. If you have a headache we recommend you avoid aspirin or aspirin-containing products. You may use Motrin, Tylenol, and/or cool compresses. If headache is unrelenting or continues to get worse, please contact the office.
- DO NOT participate in yoga or other rigorous exercise activities for the 1st 24 hours after treatment.
- DO NOT massage or manipulate injection sites for 48 hours after injection.
- Schedule your follow up an appointment (if applicable) prior to leaving office.
- Results are expected within 3-5 days after injection, with maximum effect by 2 weeks.