Restylane® was the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler specifically designed to treat moderate facial wrinkles and folds.Restylane® is an injectable gel made of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in the body that attracts and binds water molecules to add volume. When injected into the face, results are instant, adding volume to restore skin contours for a more youthful appearance.Restylane® replaces lost volume to smooth away wrinkles and define facial contours providing immediate results. Restylane is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own hyaluronic acid. Restylane can be used to visibly reduce moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds for a more youthful appearance.
Restylane® is available with 0.3% lidocaine anaesthetic included in the product to reduce injection pain and increase treatment comfort.
Is it Safe?
Restylane® is the world’s most studied wrinkle filler with more than a decade of use. With over 80 clinical publications and more than 20 million treatments worldwide, Restylane products have an unparalleled legacy and a well-defined safety profile.
Is it Natural?
Restylane® contains hyaluronic acid that closely resembles your body’s own hyaluronic acid, giving a natural-looking result. Biocompatible with the human body, Restylane products are eventually broken down naturally. Restylane is not a toxin and does not affect facial expression or movement. Restylane is also non-permanent.
How long does Restylane® last?
The unique hydrophilic nature of Restylane delivers results that generally last for about six months. And, because Restylane binds to the water in your body, its cosmetic effects are maintained until the injected material is nearly gone. Of course, individual results may vary, and it is best to discuss your individual case with Dr. Ruff and the team at West End Plastic Surgery during your initial consultation.
Restylane® Treatment Restylane®, a crystal-clear gel, is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts using an ultra-fine needle. The gel fills the skin’s wrinkles and depressions by plumping the skin with water-binding, naturally occurring hyaluronic acid. The doctor may numb the treated area, however, there is minimal discomfort during or after the procedure. The procedure is simple and convenient, and the results are practically instantaneous.
Restylane® treatments produce a low occurrence of side effects. The most commonly reported side effects are temporary redness and mild swelling at the injection site. Both the redness and the swelling generally disappear within seven days of your treatment.
Restylane® Pre-Treatment Instructions:
• Prior to your Restylane® treatment please make sure you have not been taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinning medication or supplement for 5-7 days.
• Please come to your appointment with clean skin, free of any make-up or lotions/creams.
• If you have a history of facial cold sores, please inform your provider about medications that may be taken to minimize the risk of reoccurrence.
Restylane® Post-treatment Instructions:
• A temporary amount of mild-moderate swelling and redness at the injection site can be expected immediately after treatment. This is a normal occurrence and will reduce over the next few days. Cold compresses or ice packs may be applied to the area as needed for comfort.
• Bruising at the injection site is a commonly reported side effect. The extent and duration of bruising can be decreased by applying cold compresses and using a topical arnica gel within the first 24 hours after treatment.
• It is normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site for a few days.
• The injection site may be gently washed a few hours after treatment. Please avoid aggressive scrubbing, rubbing, or exfoliation until swelling and redness subside.
• Makeup may be applied shortly after treatment unless otherwise noted by the treatment provider. Please make sure to apply gently over treatment site.
• Avoid exercise or alcohol for 6 hours after treatment.
Georgetown Allure MediSpa 3288 M Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 (833) 255-8731 www.GeorgetownAllure.com
• Do not have laser, microdermabrasion, chemical peel, or any other aggressive treatments over treatment site for a minimum of 2 weeks.
• It is not uncommon to feel irregularities or undulations under the skin when pressing on the treated area, please do not message unless otherwise directed by your provider.
• Sunbathing or excessive UV exposure should be avoided until the redness and swelling has subsided.
Where do you use Restylane®?
• Frown lines (glabellar lines)
• Crow’s feet (periorbital lines)
• Tear tubes (tired eyes)
• Nose to mouth lines (nasolabial folds)
• Sad mouth lines (oral commissures)
• Small lines around the mouth (perioral area)
• Mouth to chin lines (marionette lines)
• Hypersensitivity to one of the components
• Skin infection near the site of injection
• Patients susceptible to keloid formation
• Pregnant or lactating women
• Allergy or anaphylaxis
• Bleeding disorders
• Autoimmune disorders
• Antibiotic therapy